Already have a Username/Password for Humanist Studies & the Digital Age?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission is an original work that has not been previously published in any form, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor), and will not be submitted to another publisher while under consideration here.
- If this is a work by multiple authors, then all authors approve of its submission by the corresponding author.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format. Both traditional Word (.doc) and Word XML (.docx) file formats are acceptable.
- Full citations including page numbers have been provided. Where available, URLs and DOIs for references to online works have been provided.
- The text: is consistently double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); is paginated sequentially; and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- The work is free of plagiarism, including self-plagiarsm. A key standard is that authors must not present the work -- including both phrasing and ideas -- of another as if it were their own.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Article and journal metadata is released under a Creative Commons Attribution license.
- Authors may enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as this can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access). Indicate that the manuscript is under submission.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.